Install & Configure the ESET Secure Authentication (ESA) Mobile App
On your mobile device:
- Go to your device’s App Store (iPhone users–you may be prompted for your Apple ID and password).
- Search for ESET Secure Authentication.
- Install the ESET Secure Authentication mobile app on your phone.
- Locate the ESET Secure Authentication icon and tap to open it.
- Review the license agreement and tap I accept.
- We recommend that you set a PIN to protect ESET Secure Authentication from unauthorized access. To set your PIN, tap Yes.
- Type your PIN into the New PIN and Confirm PIN fields and tap OK.
- After setup, if you need to change your PIN, tap the application menu, and select Change PIN. Once your PIN is configured, ESET Secure Authentication is ready to use.
Important! For this step, you will use your mobile device and your computer at the same time. Have your mobile device in your hand.
- On your computer navigate to your ATMS instance.
- At the log in screen, log in as normal.
- The next screen will ask you to set up the Two Factor Authentication (2FA).
Using your mobile device, Scan a QR code.
- The Scan the QR code window will open on your computer.
- On your mobile device, tap the ESET Secure Authentication icon on the home screen to open the ESET Secure Authentication mobile application.
- Click on the blue plus (+) icon to add a new account.
- A pop up may ask you to allow access to the camera.
- Click Allow.
- The camera is open on your mobile device.
- Scan the QR code.
- Now raise your mobile device up in front of the computer screen.
- The camera will automatically scan (take a picture) of the QR code that appears on your computer screen. This happens very quickly.
- Once the QR code has been scanned the ESET Secure Authentication mobile app will list ATMS as one of the registered accounts.
- Close the ESET Secure Authentication mobile app on your mobile device.
- You have successfully set up your mobile device and your computer for accessing ATMS using two factor authentication.
Going forward, the only time you will need to open the ESET Secure Authentication app is when you login to ATMS from any computer or mobile device.
- At the Login screen you will still login as normal, using a username and password.
- Once you successfully login you will be prompted to provide an Authenticator code.
- Go to your mobile device and locate the SET Secure Authentication mobile app.
- Open it and click on ATMS.
- Enter the code shown on your ATMS login screen at your computer.
- Alternatively, you can request a security code to be send out via email in case you do not have your phone at hand.